The Cook County Democratic Party endorses candidates for office every two years in the August prior to the March primary. Our Pre-Slating committee also typically holds meetings in June prior to August slating to allow you to introduce yourself to committeepersons. The Party only endorses for offices that run countywide (local committeepersons handle endorsements for offices in local districts). These are the offices for which the Party endorses for:
- Federal offices: US President, US Senate
- Statewide offices: Governor, Secretary of State, Attorney General, Comptroller, Treasurer
- Countywide Offices: County Board President, Assessor, Treasurer, Clerk, Sheriff, State’s Attorney, Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Metropolitan Water Reclamation District Commissioners
- Judicial offices: Supreme Court, Appellate Court, Circuit Court (countywide vacancies only)
If you are interested in appearing for slating for one of these offices, please fill out the form below and attach your resume. A member of Party staff will be in touch with you with more details.
2024 Candidates: The Cook County Democratic Party will hold a Pre-Slating event for candidates for the March 2024 primary election on June 15 & 16, 2023, followed by Slating on August 14 & 15, 2023. Pre-Slating is an opportunity for candidates to introduce themselves and present their credentials to committeepersons ahead of Slating.
The Party endorses in all offices that run countywide – Clerk of the Circuit Court, State’s Attorney, Metropolitan Water Reclamation District, and countywide judicial vacancies. Candidates interested in running should begin the process of signing up for an appointment by filling out the form below.